Reece Jones added another goal to his tally as he grabbed the winner, slotting home a rebound from his own shot as the Beavers outplayed a subdued Weston Super Mare at an unseasonably warm Woodspring Stadium.

Mark Harper made just the one change from the team that struggled against Maidenhead, bringing in Billy Jeffreys to replace the suspended Dean Inman.

The game had barely settled down when WSM took the lead; Price's through ball split the Beavers defence and Sahr Kabba poked the ball under Craig Ross from about six yards.

The team had only just settled down again when Weston had the ball past Ross again but it was disallowed for offside.

Hampton then began to have the best of possession and thus the chances, but the keeper was never tested. Dave Tarpey missed at the back post from a corner, he then put a shot over from 20 yards halfway through the half.

Charlie Moone was determined to get involved but with just 10 minutes left on the referee's watch, his flicked shot flew well wide.

Just as stoppage time was about to come into being, Tarpey brought the Beavers back into the game just at the right time.

A corner was only partially cleared, it fell to Tarpey who turned his marker and clipped an accurate left foot shot past Lloyd Irish for the equaliser.

The second half began as it had ended with the Beavers creating more half chances but on 52 minutes, they took the lead.

A quick break out between Reece Jones, Tarpey and Moone saw Tarpey locate Jones on the edge of the box, his shot was parried by Irish but the rebound fell kindly for the impressing midfielder and he chipped the prone keeper for his third goal in four games.

On the hour, the Beavers looked to be in trouble as Dave Tarpey collided with the perimeter hoardings at some pace, following a strong run to the byline. After a few minutes treatment, he got up to continue. As the game progressed, the bruising came out, and a cracking black eye was the result.

Weston never really looked like they were up for the fight and never challenged Craig Ross all game.

They did have the ball in the net with a couple of minutes to go, but referee Sarah Garratt immediately disallowed the goal for the handball which put the ball past Ross, giving the offender a caution.

Mark Harper said pre-game that he expected a win and the players delivered with some ease in the West Country sunshine.

Dover tonight will be a different matter, but on recent form, one defeat in six matches shows the team is still capable of getting the necessary points at this vital stage of the season.

Team: Ross, Ferrell, Jenkins, Jeffreys, Powell, Huggins, Collier, Jones, Moone, Simmonds, Tarpey.

Bench: James, Andrews, Hickey, Turner, Bennett.

Subs: Turner for Simmonds 79, Bennett for Tarpey 85.