Firefighters called to Epsom fridge fire

The crew were called to a fridge fire in Epsom

The crew were called to a fridge fire in Epsom

First published in Epsom

Epsom firefighters prevented major damage to a property where the fridge caught fire this morning.

The White watch were called to an address in Hambledon Hill, at about 12.30am.

On arrival they found the wire leading from the fridge to the plug had melted and the wires had sparked.

One firefighter said: "We got there in the nick of time, lucky enough the residents were still up and they gave us a call.

"We got round there in record time disconnected the fridge and turned off the electrics.

"They will be needing a new fridge and a bit of plaster behind there and a new plug, but we were very, very lucky that we got there when we did or it would have been a lot worse."

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree