Firefighters called to Epsom fridge fire
9:04am Saturday 21st April 2012 in Epsom
Epsom firefighters prevented major damage to a property where the fridge caught fire this morning.
The White watch were called to an address in Hambledon Hill, at about 12.30am.
On arrival they found the wire leading from the fridge to the plug had melted and the wires had sparked.
One firefighter said: "We got there in the nick of time, lucky enough the residents were still up and they gave us a call.
"We got round there in record time disconnected the fridge and turned off the electrics.
"They will be needing a new fridge and a bit of plaster behind there and a new plug, but we were very, very lucky that we got there when we did or it would have been a lot worse."
Comments are closed on this article.