Hundreds of thousands of commuters face travel distruption next week as London Underground drivers are set to stage a fresh strike in a dispute over "displacement" of staff.
Members of the Rail, Maritime and Transport union on parts of the Tube's busy Central line will walk out for 15 hours from 9pm on February 21.
The drivers went on strike last month in the same dispute, disrupting services on the Central and Waterloo and City lines.
Mick Cash, RMT general secretary, said: "RMT negotiators have made strenuous efforts through the Acas machinery to resolve this dispute but the door has been slammed in our faces.
"To up the ante, London Underground (LU) have now written to us confirming that they will be bulldozing through the displacements regardless.
"Let us be in no doubt, if LU are allowed to get away with this move on the Central line they will start shunting drivers around at the drop of a hat regardless of the consequences.
"Our members will be sent out from pillar to post to plug gaps that are solely down to staffing shortages.
"With massive budget cuts in the pipeline at LU this is a straw in the wind as to how the company expects to operate in the future.
"Staff across London Underground are angry and the company would be wise to recognise that."
Before last month's strike, a spokesman for LU said: "This dispute concerns the need to move eight train operators in three depots on the Central line.
"These drivers need to move to other depots where they are needed so that we can provide the best possible train service to our customers."
Got a story? Email email@example.com