The widow of a former painter decorator is asking his colleagues to come forward as she looks to prove his work with asbestos was the cause of his death.
Morris Ware died from mesothelioma, a cancer associated with inhaling asbestos dust, in March last year.
Between 1961 and 1963 he worked for Croydon Corporation, now Croydon Council, in particular on a school and while decorating homes in New Addington.
Before he died Mr Ware, who had now moved to Devon, approached specialist asbestos disease lawyers at Novum Law to help investigate his working conditions. This work has been carried on by his widow Maureen Ware.
Solicitor Andrew Stinchcombe said: "I would like to encourage anyone who worked with Morris at Croydon Corporation between 1961 and 1963 and has information on the working conditions to get in touch by calling me on 0800 884 0555 or by emailing me at: firstname.lastname@example.org."
A spokeswoman for Croydon Council said: "We would like to express our condolences to the family of Mr Ware.
"As this is now a legal matter we are unable to comment any further at this time."