Sutton Common Rovers bounced back after three successive defeats to earn all three points in a 4-2 win over Walton & Hersham.

Having failed to score in three successive games, Rovers got off to a stunning start, when 18 year old centre half Guy Baskerville thumped home a header from an Ollie Twum corner in the opening minute, and ten minutes later it was 2-0. Adam Allen intercepted a pass out of defence by Walton and found Twum who skipped passed 3 before firing low beyond Walton keeper Craig Bradshaw.

Rovers survived a scare on 20 minutes when a dangerous delivery into the area by Ross Chalke was clearly handled by Craig Hastings but the offence was not spotted and play continued. However Walton did reduce the arrears just shy of the half hour, when a low Harrison Deacon drive was well saved by Ollie Ellaway but the predatory Marlon Pinder was on hand to fire home the loose ball, despite the efforts of Malachi Robinson - this attempt led to a brief stop in play with Walton demanding that as Robinson tried to save the ball with his hand, irrespective of it going in he should see red, whilst we were obviously of the opinion as it was a goal, then a caution would suffice - as it turned out the referee gave Robinson a yellow.

Walton then upped the pressure late in the half, but Rovers went in at the break with a 2-1 lead.

Pinder missed a glorious chance for the visitors early in the second half, and Rovers increased their lead a couple of minutes later, with Allen and Matt Farrell combining to release substitute Phil Page, on for Josh Uzan at the break, and he thumped the ball beyond Bradshaw for 3-1.

Walton to their credit responded positively and reduced the arrears a couple of minutes later when Deacon fired a low effort beyond Ellaway.

Rovers introduced young Ben Senior on 70 minutes in place of Johnny Akoto, and a minute later after Page had seen his low driven cross, with Senior lurking, turned behind for a corner it was 4-2. From Twum's delivery, Baskerville headed home his second and Rovers fourth.

Casey McCabe replaced Callum MacLean with ten minutes remaining, and aside from an excellent last ditch tackle by Baskerville, Rovers saw the game out without too many problems.