If last Saturday's 1-1 draw at AFC Hayes was disappointing in front of goal, the first half hour of Monday nights game was explosive as Sutton Common Rovers swept aside Knaphill 4-2 at Gander Green Lane, writes Gary Brigden.

SCR started on the front foot, and found themselves ahead on 14 minutes.

Knaphill's Rob Parrott took a quick throw to keeper Aaron Bufton but his hurried clearance only found Daryl Cooper-Smith, who in turn found the recalled Liam Holden and he guided a effort from the edge of the area into the net.

Knaphill responded positively and only a timely block by Anson Cousins, from a Rob Kersley shot prevented them from levelling.

SCR moved further ahead on 24 minutes when a delightful ball over Knaphill left back Jack Leighton by Cooper-Smith found Matt Auletta, who proceeded to turn Leighton inside out before firing low beyond Bufton.

SCR were dominating and looked as though they could score at will, and they increased their lead on 29 minutes when a flick by Holden found Marlon Rodney, and he shrugged off a challenge to poke home number three and his first goal for the club. Two minutes later and Knaphill were back in the game, when SCR failed to clear a ball into the box, and from the second cross in by Connor Blanchard, Shaun Lyle poked home from close range.

Any thoughts of an immediate comeback were ended two minutes later when an Auletta cross was fumbled by Bufton, under pressure by Asa Rixon-Nicholls and Rixon-Nicholls turned expertly to fire home the loose ball.

Knaphill were given a lifeline just before the break, when two bookings in three minutes saw Cooper-Smith dismissed and SCR reduced to ten men.

Knaphill dominated the second period as you would expect, and SCR with a big lead were content to let them play the ball around in front of them.

Numerous free kicks were conceded in dangerous areas, as Knaphill had men over, but the usually deadly Jimmy Norman had left his shooting boots at home, and all bar one, which bought an excellent save to his left by SCR keeper, and player of the month for October, Michael Eacott.

The visitors did pull one back with ten minutes remaining, when Robbie Kersley poked home from close range, but a battling second half performance saw SCR pick up three points and move to 11 games unbeaten.

SCR travel to North Greenford United this Saturday, 3pm.