Sutton Common Rovers ended the season with silverware after Saturday saw them beat CB Hounslow Utd in the Combined Counties League Premier Challenge Cup final.

A late goal from Player of the Month Matt Farrell was enough to give Rovers a 1-0 win in a tense encounter at Windsor's Stag Meadow ground.

Rovers started the brighter, probing and keeping possession whilst trying to release lively winger Ollie Twum, however CB had done their homework and with Tomas Kanek and Dennis Gorman dominating they effectively nullified the Rovers threat, and on the few occasions they got through, keeper Kavanagh Keadell looked solid and dealt with anything in the air.

At the other end, the lively Triantifilos Skapetis and Kai Hamilton were keeping the Rovers full backs busy and forced a couple of corner, but aside from a Gorman header, comfortably gathered by Ollie Ellaway, these came to nothing.

Rovers went close on 22 minutes when good work on the right by Brendan Murphy-Mcvey saw his low cross somehow failed to be turned home by Adam Allen, but fortunately for the Rovers man the flag was up, sparing his blushes.

Bamford fired over the bar just after the half hour, before the save of the half saw Keadell superbly turn away a low Asa Rixon shot.

Rovers lost skipper Aaron Bogle to injury shortly before the break, and he was replaced by Kevant Serbony, with Rixon dropping into the centre-back role.

Half time though came scoreless.

Your Local Guardian:

The second half continued to be a cagey affair with both defences continuing to dominate.

Bamford had another header from a corner comfortably gathered by Ellaway, and a low Skapelitis shot was blocked by Rixon. Back at the other end and a low Twum cross was deflected goalwards, bringing another good save out of Keadell.

With just under twenty minutes remaining Skapelitis saw yellow for simulation, and Rovers were forced into another change with fifteen minutes remaining when Rixon was on the end of a heavy challenge, and despite attempting to play on he was replaced by the prolific Phil Page.

The only goal came with five minutes remaining. Guy Baskerville played in Page on the left, he cut inside and saw his drive bring out a good save from Keadell, and Matt Farrell was on hand to fire home and bring the cup to Rovers.