Molesey 3-5 Colliers Wood Reggie Savage '17, '33, '37 Emmanuel Quashie '30, '58, '90 Chris Gregson '44 Paul Bussetti '55 It was a day that the defences will want to forget as the fans were treated to an eight goal feast at Walton Road this Saturday... Unfortunately for the home side they conceded five.

Molesey squad continues to be stretched to the limit with no less than 14 first team players were unavailable for one reason or another.

The heat was intense as the teams took to the field and that might help to explain the slow start to the game where no chances were created for either side in the fist 17 minutes.

But then the fans were treated to a goal feast that had goals spread all throughout it.

Molesey opened the scoring with their first chance in a game that they had originally struggled to keep possession in.. It was one of Moleseys first spells of sustained possession that lead to their first chance and their first goal.

Marlon Rodney had th ball deep and his high cross looked comfortable for the Colliers Wood 'keeper, Daniel Burnett, but Michael Riggon jumped and made Burnett take his eyes of the ball which dropped to Reggie Savage who fired home to give the Moles the lead.

Colliers Wood were to create the next chance and it would also lead to their first goal.

On the half hour mark Molesey allowed a cross to come in on the edge of the six yard box. Joe Yeates totally misjudged the header and the ball was turned in brilliantly by Emmanuel Quashie with a bicycle kick.

The scores weren't level for long though as three minutes later Molesey retook the lead when a long ball forward bounced up kindly for Reggie Savage but he spectacularly hit the half volley over the Colliers Wood 'keeper and into the net from 40 yards, in what is probably Moleseys best contender for goal of the season.

And it was only four minutes after that that Molesey scored their third goal and Savage claimed his hat trick. A long ball forward by Marlon Rodney was well kept in by Ashley Lodge on the touchline, Lodge passed into the box to Riggon whose shot hit the post and went across the goal. Reggie Savage was in the right place at the right time to finish it and complete his hat trick.

But the Moles couldn't hold the lead to half time, as one minute before the interval Darius Heravi, out of position at left midfield, gave away possession cheaply but then allowed Chris Gregson to run at goal to easily and then without challenging him he easily found the corner to put Colliers Wood straight back in the game just before half time.

The Moles started the second half slowly again like the first half, only this time Colliers Wood took advantage and in the 55th minute the game was all square.

Andy Graves gave away a free kick in a dangerous position which was clipped into the centre where Paul Bussetti was totally free to head home and put Colliers Wood level.

A minute later and Reggie Savage had two chances to give the Moles the lead again when first his shot was deflected wide and then from the corner he headed over.

However, it was Colliers Woods time to score a spectacular goal as they took the lead for the first time in the game.

Emmanuel Quashie was in an almost identical position to Reggie Savages volley when he also volleyed home from 40 yards in what may be Colliers Woods goal of the season!

Molesey made three changes as they searched for an equaliser in the heat. Darius Heravi, Michael Riggon and Aimee Blessing were all removed for Paul Cross, Ricci McLoud and Danny Roberts who came on.

But it was Colliers Wood who had the last laugh when in the final minute of the game Joe Yeates, who had another game to forget, missed a kick that sent Emmanuel Quashie in on goal and he showed nerves of steel to complete his hat trick in the final minute of the game and consign Molesey to a hugely disappointing defeat.

Moleseys next game is on Easter Sunday away at Chessington and Hook United.

Read more: