Molesey moved on from their good 2-0 home win over Chessington and Hook United with a trip to Merland Rise and a tough game against Banstead Athletic.

Molesey made a few changes. Joe Yeates and Andy Graves came in at centre back for Moses Spencer and Jordan McCartney, but apart from that Molesey had the luxury of an unchanged team.

The Moles have had to learn in recent weeks how to take the game to their opponents and force the tempo to be quick, and against Banstead they did this perfectly throughout the game and created chances from the first whistle to the last.

The first chance for the Moles came in the 9th minute when a corner was swung deep by James McShane. Doug Ford peeled off of the back post to volley it back across goal but Darius Heravi wasn't quite able to wrap his foot around it and his shot went well wide.

Moles seemed to be slowing the tempo slightly much to the chagrin of the Moles management, but in the 24th minute the Moles found themselves in the lead.

The ball was bouncing around on the edge of the Banstead area before it fell to Ross Chalke who passed it into the corner of the net to give the Moles the lead.

For a majority of the rest of the first half Molesey found themselves in good positions but were to relaxed in front of goal and were unable to add to their tally.

In the 43rd minute Banstead nearly hit Molesey with a sucker punch when they took a quick free kick but they showed a lack of composure in front of goal and the ball went well over.

But Molesey went straight up the other end and had a good chance to extend their lead but Paul Cross' effort from close range was well saved.

The Moles went in at half time one goal up and in truth didn't look under any threat at all from the home side.

Molesey came out for the second half very quick and after just seven minutes of the half James McShane turned on the edge of the box and excellently volleyed into the corner.

Now that the Moles had extended their lead they took the chance to rest Ross Chalke and give some experience to Louis Taylor.

Molesey added a third just after the hour mark when James McShanes cross hit Darius Heravi and Heravi's lack of control ended up with the ball falling to Paul Cross who calmly slotted the ball into the corner for Moleseys third.

The home team got their only goal of the game in the 68th minute when Matt Harmsworth managed to slide the ball home despite defender, Andy Graves' best efforts to keep it out.

A minute later and Molesey regained their three goal lead when Joe Pratley-Jones sent Ashley lodge running in behind Bansteads defence and Lodge easily lobbed the on rushing 'keeper for a fourth and final goal.

In the next ten minutes Molesey replaced Paul Cross and Joe Yeates with Reggie Savage and Marlon Rodney.

But the game petered out after Molesey's fourth goal and the game slowed to a crawl and ended with the Moles taking all three points.

Molesey will now travel to the Croydon Arena on Tuesday night for the game no one looks forward to Croydon away!