The Moles managed to avoid a cup hangover this Saturday despite an unconvincing start which saw them fall behind.

Molesey were forced into a few changes for their return to league action. Colin Harris came in for the suspended Wester Young, Marlon Rodney played out of position at left back because of James Duke and Luke Elliott absences. Sam Lampard missed out through injury and was replaced by Jack Johnson.

So it was a patched up team that took to the field against Ash who had their own problems, being only able to name two substitutes, one of which was the club's manager.

The Moles looked to get on the front foot from the start when after only a few minutes following some good football Marlon Rodney fired one just over the bar.

But Molesey soon found themselves suffering from the same thing that has plagued them in the last few weeks. A slow tempo set by Ash saw Molesey just play into it rather than trying to force the issue, which meant that for the next half an hour the ball rarely left the midfield, however Molesey were retaining far more of the possession.

That is why it was such a shock in the 36th minute when Ash took the lead.

A long ball forward caught the Molesey defence square and Matt Everadd raced clear of the defence before coolly slotting it around Colin Harris.

But this goal livened the Moles up a bit and five minutes later Molesey forced themselves level.

Arnold Tawonezvi won a corner well. James McShane swung the ball in and Moses Spencer, who will probably feel he should have had more goals this season, continued his scoring mini run with a fine header back across the goal and into the corner of the net. This was Molesey's 100th goal of the season in all competitions.

Molesey had a chance to take the lead in the third minute of stoppage time but James McShane's effort was turned around the post.

Whatever was said at half time had an effect on the team when after only 27 seconds Ashley Lodge found Arnold Tawonezvi on the edge of the six yard box. Tawonezvi held it up well before sliding it into the net at the near post.

Molesey wasted no time in adding a third just before the hour. James Mcshane forced Adjuma Adlam into a good near post save, but from the subsequent corner Ash defender, Phil Parsons sliced an attempted clearence and Tawonezvi capitalised by heading into a net that was largely unguarded.

The game as effectively over and was made certain, in the 70th minute when after a Jack Johnson deflected shot resulted in a corner, Moses was able to bundle in the cross. That made it three goals in two games for Molesey's centre back and captain.

The Moles now travel away to Camberley next Tuesday as they hope to stop Camberly's excellent end of season run.