The baby son of a man murdered in a suspected mistaken-identity killing joined family in a tribute to mark the anniversary of his death.

Anthony Otton, 28, was shot in the heart shortly after the funeral of Darcy Austin-Bruce, 20, who was murdered outside Wandsworth Prison.

Mr Otton, who family members believe was the victim of a botched revenge shooting, never found out that his girlfriend was pregnant before he died.

And on Friday, 25-year-old Samira Johnson travelled from Cardiff with their four-month-old son, named Anthony after his father, to help release balloons and doves in his memory.

She said: “It’s been horrible without Anthony. I can’t even say how horrible it’s been. He’d be overjoyed if he knew he had a son. He wanted to have a child so much.”

Mr Otton was shot on a balcony in the Fulham Court estate at 6.50pm on June 4 last year, several hours after the funeral of Mr Austin-Bruce.

Mr Austin-Bruce was shot in the stomach at 2.30pm on May 1 in Heathfield Road by a man who made off on a scooter with an accomplice.

Police believe the two murders are linked, and although ten people have so far been arrested, no-one has been charged with either crime.

Mr Otton was in prison for a drug conviction when the first murder took place, so family members believe his killers must have got the wrong man.

His sisters, Marisa, 23, Monique, 24, and Marie, 26, said he was a kind-hearted man who loved fashion and was always telling the children on the estate to stay at school.

More than 50 people gathered at 6.30pm on Friday night to release balloons and three doves in his memory.

His mother, Margaret, 51, said: “I want to shine a light onto this, to have a new memory of it. It’s releasing all the emotions I have towards everything and everyone.

“If there’s anyone out there who knows anything, I understand you must be scared but just put yourself in my shoes. Come forward and talk to the police.”

Officers from the Metropolitan Police Homicide and Serious Crime Command are offering a £20,000 reward for information leading to the killers’ prosecution.

Detective Inspector Tony Bishop said: "It is now one year since Anthony Otton was murdered in broad daylight on the Fulham Court Estate.

"At the time of the murder, local children were playing nearby, the gunman showed no regard for their safety, firing a number of shots indiscriminately.

"If people have concerns about speaking to the police let me reassure them there are measures that we can put in place to support those that speak to us and I urge anyone who has any information to contact the incident room."

Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 0208 247 7821 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 to remain anonymous.