The woman involved in a bus crash yesterday is a manager with the Royal Mail.

Modupe Adebuyi, in her mid twenties, lives in Docklands and works as a manager at the Coulsdon delivery office.

She has two broken legs, a broken arm and a broken pelvis.

Your Local Guardian: Bus Crash in Addiscombe Road

Dramatic photos as onlookers scramble to help bus crash victim

She was airlifted to the Royal London Hospital after the collision with the 466 bus in Addiscombe Road.

Her condition is said to be critical but stable.

Friend and work colleague for three years Laura Caines said: “She is really lovely.

“She’s absolutely brilliant, great fun to work with. She is the manager in charge of the postmen.”

The 23-year-old from Shirley said the whole office was hoping Miss Adebuyi made a speedy recovery and their thoughts were with her family.

One of the first local residents on the scene, Prunella Glaisher spoke about how a loud bang brought her out onto the road, as the bus crashed into a tree.

She managed to take some photographs in the aftermath of the accident.

She said: “I was at home when I heard a loud bang.

“I thought one of the trees in my back garden had fallen down. I just could not think what it was. I rushed out and saw what had happened.

“I saw the bus driver crushed inside his cab.

Your Local Guardian: Bus crash in Addiscombe Road

The bus driver caught in the smashed front cab just after the accident

“Somebody was shouting out, ‘get some bandages’ so I went back inside to get some first aid.

“By the time I came out there were paramedics on the scene. They took ages to cut the girl out of her car but I think they had given her some drugs it looked like she was on a drip.

“The emergency services were tremendous.

“I was speaking to a young girl who said she saw the accident, she said the bus was overtaking a vehicle and swerved to miss an oncoming car and went into the tree.”

The bus driver and eight other people on the bus escaped with minor injuries.

Addiscombe Road was closed and cordonned off as paramedics, police and fire services worked on the scene.

Residents returning home found they were unable to park their cars in their driveways and garages as crews worked through the night to clear the accident.

Another resident who did not wish to be named said: “They had to cut the top off the bus before they could move it, they only managed to clear everything after 2am.”

Mrs Glaisher said there had been a lot of “near misses” on the road as cars turned right onto Addiscombe Road from Northampton Road.

“There is no right turn on that road but no one takes any notice.

“They really need to put a camera up at that spot.”

Addiscombe Road was opened again at 3.40am.

• Do you know more? Let us know by email here, phone the newsdesk on 020 8330 9555 or leave a comment below.