A teen from Croydon has been jailed after a horror knife attack at The O2 Arena.

Three teens with their hoods up entered Cineworld inside the Greenwich arena at around 3pm on February 22 last year, a court heard. 

When they spotted another youth they had “issues” with, one of the teens pulled out a huge knife and attacked him in the cinema foyer while horrified young children and families watched on. 

The victim was stabbed at least four times but fortunately he survived the attack. 

On Monday (March 25) the three attackers appeared at Woolwich Crown Court for sentencing after they were convicted of grievous bodily harm and possession of a knife. 

Simeon Olagundoye, 18, from Croydon, was sentenced to four years in custody while Caydon Hutchinson, 18, of Kirkdale Road in Sydenham, was given three years and seven months. 

The third attacker, a 17-year-old who cannot be identified due to his age, was given three years and two months in custody. 

‘Stabbed in the neck’ 

CCTV of the horrific incident showed the prolonged attack in the cinema foyer. 

After entering the cinema the 17-year-old pulled out a huge knife and stabbed the victim multiple times while his two mates kicked and punched at the boy. 

At one point the knife fell to the floor, at which point Olagundoye picked it up and handed it to Hutchinson who stabbed the victim again. 

They then ran from the cinema and dumped the knife in a bush before being arrested. 

The blade, thought to be around 15 inches long, was described as "more of a sword than a knife".

The victim was rushed to Royal London Hospital with wounds to his neck, chest and left hand. 

However, he refused to provide a statement about the attack to the police. 

No explanation was given for the attack, beyond that the three teens had “issues” with the victim. 

‘Horrific attack'

Probation workers recommended that all three defendants be dealt with by Youth Rehabilitation Orders which focus on rehabilitating offenders rather than punishing the them. 

The defendant’s barristers urged Judge Mann to follow the recommendations, citing their youth and tough upbringings in mitigation. 

But Judge Mann said this would not provide adequate punishment. 

He said: “This was a dangerous and horrific knife attack without any provocation. 

“You all attended a public place, one of you armed with an extremely dangerous weapon which was wielded with the intention to cause really serious harm. 

“A stab to the neck can cause serious bleeding and he could well have died at the scene, then all three of you would have been going to prison for decades. 

“It was an outrageous thing to do that could have caused the death of an individual, the fact that it didn’t is more luck than judgement.”