A Sutton road and the railway station remain closed after a 17-year-old boy died following a stabbing in Sutton last night.

The incident happened in Sutton High Street just before 7.10pm (December 5).

Officers and London Ambulance Service crews attended and found a boy injured – he was treated by paramedics.

He was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after.

Police enquiries are now ongoing to trace his next of kin and no arrests have been made following the incident.

Road closures were put in place including a full closure of Sutton Train Station – with National Rail stating that it expects disruption to continue until midday.

A spokesperson for National Rail said: “Sutton station is closed while the emergency services attend to an incident at the station.

“No trains will call at Sutton station until further notice.

“If you are travelling to or from this station, you will need to use an alternative route to reach your destination, and your journey may take up to 30 minutes longer than usual.

“Trains which would usually terminate and restart from Sutton will instead terminate and restart from: • Carshalton - trains via Mitcham Junction • West Sutton - trains via Wimbledon “You can use your ticket to travel at no extra cost on local London Buses on routes to / from Sutton.”

AA Maps reads: “Road closed and slow traffic due to police incident on B2230 High Street both ways between Mulgrave Road and Grove Road - either side of Sutton Station, since yesterday evening.

“Detour in operation - for buses 80, 164, 280, 470, S1, S3 and S4.

Metrobus informed passengers on service diversions via X (Formally known as Twitter): “Due to an incident at Sutton Station, Service MB420 and MB820 will not be serving this stop, “We are also unable to serve Sutton Bus Garage, Sutton Green, High Street, Benhills Avenue, Manor Place, Times Square and Sutton Police Station stops.”

A spokesperson for Metropolitan Police said: “Police and LAS were called to Sutton High Street at about 7.08pm on Tuesday 5 December, following reports that a teenager had been stabbed.

“On arrival officers found a 17-year-old male suffering with stab wounds.

“He was treated at the scene but sadly died as a result of his injuries.

“Enquiries are ongoing to trace his next of kin.

“No arrests have been made.

“A number of road closures have been put in place at the location, including a full closure of Sutton Train Station.

“An urgent investigation is under way and enquiries are ongoing.”