Three people were evacuated from a restaurant after a part of its kitchen was damaged by a fire in North Cheam on New Year’s Eve.

Four fire engines and 21 firefighters and officers were called to Tas Restaurant & Grill, in London Road, shortly after 1pm.

No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

A Tas Restaurant & Grill spokesman said: "Yeah everybody is okay, nothing happened. There is no big damage anyway."

Crews from Sutton, New Malden and Mitcham fire stations attended and the incident was under control by 2.25pm.