Two men from Thornton Heath and Wallington have been found guilty of the Halloween murder of Scotty Kouebitra.

Scotty, from Sutton, was chased and fatally stabbed after he and his friends were attacked in Gloucester Road, Croydon on October 31, 2016.

Jahliel Rose, 21 of Bensham Grove, and a 17-year-old from Wallington, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were found guilty at the Old Bailey on November 9 of murder and two counts of GBH wounding with intent.

Rose and the 17-year-old will be sentenced at the same court on Wednesday, November 15.

On the night of the attack, Scotty and his friends were setting off fireworks in the park. A group armed with weapons then entered the park and a fight broke out.

A witness saw Scotty being attacked by at least two men, and could see the attackers were armed with baseball bats and a pole.

Two of Scotty’s friends went to try and help him but they were confronted by several of the armed group and injured.

As they made their way from the park they were joined by Scotty, but he suddenly fell to the ground and started to have a seizure.

Police and London’s Air Ambulance attended but despite efforts to revive him, Scotty was pronounced dead at the scene.

DCI Sam Price of Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command said: "Scotty and his friends were not involved with gangs and it seems that they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, with devastating consequences.

“Tragedies like this are hard to comprehend and are totally devastating for the families of the victims.

"This was a premeditated attack that apparently arose from a disagreement.

"One group set out to do another harm, but despite their planning they ended up carrying out a deadly assault on the wrong people.

“These men disguised themselves with masks and one can only imagine the terror that being set upon by a masked gang would cause.

"Two people have been brought to justice and now face the consequence of this fatal attack.”

Two other men - Marcus Osazai Asemota, 22, of Turpington Close, Bromley and Aaron Jackson, 26, of Harrington Road, South Norwood - who went on trial for the same offences were found not guilty of all counts.