Sutton Common Rovers manager Darren Salmon rung the changes after Saturday's loss to Camberley Town as his side travelled to Knaphill in the Combined Counties League, writes Gary Brigden.

There were recalls to the starting line up for Jordan Gallagher and Liam Holden, whilst Danny Fernandez, Jay Jones and the recently re-signed Owen Davies were all handed starts; teenager Josh Burrowes was given a debut at left back.

It was Knaphill who went closest to opening the scoring on five minutes, when a Jimmy Norman free kick was missed by the SCR backline and hit the post, with James Taylor hooking the loose ball clear.

This seemed to wake SCR and they took the game to Knaphill, with the widemen in Jones and Gallagher having particular joy.

Matt Ferdinando saw a shot blocked on 20 minutes as SCR continued to dominate, and restricting Knaphill too long balls to the lively Danny Taylor.

SCR took the lead on 21 minutes when Jones played in a tremendous ball to the back post, and Fernandez rose highest to head the ball home.

SCR continued to pepper the Knaphill area, with dangerous crosses coming in from Jones, Gallagher, Taylor and Davies, and they were rewarded with a second goal on 31 minutes.

Ferdinando played a delightful reverse pass to rampaging full back Burrowes and his cross was met by a diving Fernandez header for 2-0.

Ten minutes from the break and Fernandez went into the book for a mistimed challenge on Josh Watkins, and at the other end Norman fired a free kick high over the bar and SCR took a two goal lead into the break.

The second half saw SCR continue to hold the upper hand, and Matt Farrell almost made it 3-0, when he latched onto a tremendous Ferdinando ball, but was denied by an excellent save by Richard Shelley in the Knaphill goal.

Ross Cheek then somehow prevented a great Farrell cross from reaching Jones as the winger looked poised to score.

SCR were dealt a blow on the hour, when Fernandez foolishly tapped the ball away, and picked up a second yellow.

Salmon reschuffled the pack, with Matt Auletta, Andrew White and Craig Nelson replacing Jones, Holden and With the extra man, Knaphill understandably exerted more pressure, but shots from Danny and Timmy Taylor from distance did not really trouble Bradshaw, and in the end it was SCR who looked more likely to score.

Farrell released Auletta and he shrugged off a challenge but could only fire into the side netting, and in stoppage time Auletta showed great strength to get the better of Cheek, squared to Gallagher, but the SCR man fired over the bar.

Rovers entertain Eastbourne Town in the FA Cup at Sutton United FC this Saturday. Kick-off 3pm.