Firefighters were called out in the early hours of this morning, after a bus went up in flames in a residential street in Wimbledon.

The vehicle was left with roughly 40% damage from the blaze, which started shortly before 1:45am in Walpole Road, Colliers Wood.

Wimbledon Fire Service were called out straight away and the blaze was put out quickly.

It is unclear how many passengers were on the bus but there are no reported injuries.

The fire on the Go-Ahead London service started because of an electrical fault in the engine.

Were you on the bus? Did you see the fire? Call the newsdesk on  0208 722 6336 or email