A Weybridge schoolboy who died during flooding earlier this year was killed by carbon monoxide poisoning, toxicology tests revealed.

Zane Gbangbola, seven, from Chertsey, died in hospital after suffering cardiac arrest at his home on February 8.

His parents were also taken to hospital after becoming ill, with his father left paralysed from the waist down.

A post-mortem examination carried out earlier this year was unable to find a cause of death of the St George’s Junior School pupil, but the further tests gave a result of carbon monoxide intoxication.

A petrol-driven pump was seized from inside the family home at the time of Zane’s death and Surrey Police said they were carrying out further enquiries to establish whether there is any liability or criminal offences from the company who provided the pump.

An inquest into Zane’s death will be carried out by the coroner for Surrey in due course.