Dj vu at the Hill. Dulwich play the opposition off the park in a pulsating first half but a late, late goal robs them of a famous victory against loftier adversaries.

Woking threatened to collapse like a house of Cards as Chris Dickson' first-half hat-trick, scored in the space of just 16 minutes built the Hamlet a convincing 3-1 lead before the break; indeed it could have more, much more.

Second-half full-time fitness told, Woking brought on the big guns as Dulwich withdrew theirs and at the death a scrambled goal forced extra time.

The additional half-hour proved too much for weary Hamlet legs and goals either side of the break ensuring the Conference side safe, if nervous passage to a third round home tie with either Walton & Hersham or Ashford Town (Middlesex).

As early as the opening minute Dickson posted intent, lashing an oblique drive across the face of goal.

Nine minutes 1-0 to the Hamlet, Dickson refusing to give up on a long ball forward, stretching a lithe limb out and lobbing stranded keeper Aaron Howe.

Three minutes later Steve Ferguson tried the same trick on Chris Lewington but his luck was out as the ball struck the base of the far post and Jamie Coyle cleared the ball to safety.

Poor marking at a corner gifted Ferguson the chance to make up for this as the scores were levelled on the quarter hour but Dickson returned to hound the defence with a brace of goals.

An excellent tackle by Nicolas Plumain paved the way for Dickson to latch on to a threaded pass from the midfielder, drawing Howe then rounding him and tucking the ball home.

Five minutes later and Shawn Beveney's steaming charge goalwards ended with a ferocious low drive that Howe could only parry into the path of Dickson, the poacher supreme lashing the rebound home.

Twice in three minutes Dickson was a fraction away from adding to the lead.

Cedric Meeko's long range drive shaved the woodwork; David Moore had a strike palmed against the post by Howe, the keeper also pulling off a spectacular save to deny Sol Pinnock after his effort had looped crazily off a defender.

Although Ferguson missed a brace of clear-cut chances to reduce the deficit, it was clear Dulwich were firmly in the driving seat.

By the 65th minute Dulwich had exhausted their substitutes, Dickson among those withdrawn. Meanwhile Woking had dipped into the replacements bringing on leading scorer Craig McAllister.

Slowly they were making inroads into the Hamlet. Twice in the blink of an eye Jusytn Roberts cleared the ball from the Dulwich goalline, denying first Steven Evans then Saheed Sankoh. 13 minutes from time, a free-kick was met by the head of skipper Gary MacDonald, a pinpoint header directed into the top corner of the net. 90 minutes played on came Tom Hutchinson for the Cards, within a minute he had rescued his side from defeat as a throw launched into the six yard box sparked a scramble for the ball, the replacement applying the finishing touch to force extra-time.

Pushing fatigued limbs to the limit, Dulwich struggled to contain their opponents.

A fearsome strike on the run from Ferguson brought a stunning save out of Lewington as the shot was pushed on to the crossbar but the young keeper was beaten again in the final minute of the half as he brought down Sankoh to concede a penalty, McAllister converting.

The second half of extra-time was barely a minute old when Sankoh tucked away number five after Lewington could only parry Ferguson's drive.

A second Woking penalty two minutes, magnificently saved by Lewington, proved only academic.

DHFC: Chris Lewington; Lewis Tozer (Justyn Roberts HT); Billy Warner; Jason Turley; Jamie Coyle (Capt); Cedric Meeko; David Moore (Kenny Beaney 51); Nicolas Plumain; Shawn Beveney; Chris Dickson (Daniel Jones 65); Sol Pinnock Substitutes not used: Matt Dean, Theo Fairweather-Johnson.

WFC: Aaron Howe; Simon Jackson; Karim El-Salahi; Gary MacDonald (Capt); Danny Bunce; Chris Sharpling (Craig McAllister 70); Shola Oyedele (Tom Hutchinson 85); Sam Cockerill; Goma Lambu (Stephen Evans HT); Steve Ferguson; Saheed Sankoh Substitutes not used: Michael Poke, Matt Ruby Officials: Referee: Steve Briffitt (Shirley).

Assistant Referee: Mr Mark Ford (Cheam) & Mr Rob Allum (Addiscombe).

Fourth Official: Mr Gareth Mays (Croydon) Goalscoring: 1-0 DHFC Chris Dickson 9th minute 1-1 WFC Steve Ferguson 15th minute 2-1 DHFC Chris Dickson 22nd minute 3-1 DHFC Chris Dickson 31st minute 3-2 WFC Gary MacDonald 79th minute 3-3 WFC Tom Hutchinson 90th minute (1st minute of stoppage time) 3-4 WFC Craig McAllister (Penalty) 104th minute 3-5 WFC Saheed Sankoh 106th minute