ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES MITCHAM LANE, WESTCOTE ROAD AND THRALE ROADNotice ID: SUT1054237
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES MITCHAM LANE, WESTCOTE ROAD AND THRALE ROAD
1. The Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate highways and resurfacing works ("the works') they intend to make an Order, the effect of which will be to introduce temporary road closures in Mitcham Lane, Thrale Road and Westcote Road.
2. Whilst the works take place, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed or wait (including waiting for the purposes of loading / unloading) in:
(a) Mitcham Lane, between its junction with Eardley Road and Westcote Road;
(b) Thrale Road, between its junction with Mitcham Lane and the party wall of Nos. 3 and 5 Thrale Road; and
(c) Westcote Road, between its junction with Mitcham Lane and the south-eastern wall of No. 115 Westcote Road.
3. Whilst the works take place, the one-way workings in Thrale Road and Westcote Road will be suspended.
4. Whilst the Order remains in force, alternative routes for vehicles will be indicated by prescribed traffic signs. Local access will be maintained whenever possible. It is not anticipated that all closures will be in place at the same time.
5. The Order will come into effect on 26th March 2019 and will remain in force for a maximum of 18 months or until the works are complete, whichever is the sooner. The restrictions will only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of prescribed traffic signs. It is anticipated that the restrictions will be in force between 8pm and 5am from 26th March until 28th March inclusive.
6. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
7. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
8. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8487 5279.
Dated 8th March 2019
Town Hall Wandsworth SW18 2PU
PAUL MARTIN Chief Executive