London Borough of Sutton Public NoticesNotice ID: SUT0849384
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON
DISABLED PARKING PLACE AND WAITING RESTRICTION AMENDMENTS
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton made the following Orders on 15 October 2018 under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984', as amended -
(a) The Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 5) Order 2018; and
(b) The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 5) Order 2018.
2. The principal objectives of the Orders, are; (1) to introduce disabled bays to provide a parking facility for disabled persons where a high level of parking makes reasonable means of access difficult, and revoke those parking bays that are no longer required; (2) to ensure that the Orders match conditions as they exist out on site.
3. The general effect of the Orders would be to:-
(a) provide new disabled person's parking places, 6.6 metres in length, in which vehicles displaying a disabled person's badge may park at any time, at the following locations:-
(i) adjacent to No. 10A Park Hill Road, in Hawthorne Road, Wallington;
(ii) adjacent to No. 36 Park Hill Road, in Heathdene Road, Wallington; and
(iii) outside No. 19 Oxford Road, Wallington;
(b) revoke existing disabled persons parking places at the following locations:-
(i) outside No. 32 Lymington Court, All Saints Road, Sutton;
(ii) opposite Nos. 9 to 32 Audley Place, Sutton;
(iii) outside No. 17 Keynsham Road, Morden
(iv) opposite No. 2 Minster Avenue, Sutton;
(v) outside No. 15 Park Lane, Carshalton;
(vi) outside No. 79 Park Lane, Carshalton;
(vii) opposite No. 60 Stoneleigh Road, Carshalton; and
(viii) outside No. 49 Wigmore Road, Carshalton (reverts back to an uncontrolled footway parking bay).
Please note that the proposal advertised on 30 August 2018 [Order Reference SuttMap1054] to revoke a disabled persons parking in Sunningdale Road, Cheam has been withdrawn.
(c) amend the map-based tiles to the schedule attached to the Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) Order 2017 and to the Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) Order 2017 so as to more accurately represent the existing layout to match conditions as they exist on site.
Note: there will be no change to the restrictions as currently marked and signed on-street as a result of this amendment.
4. Copies of the Orders, which will come into force on 29th October 2018 and of the Orders that will be revoked or amended by these Orders, the Council's Statement of Reasons for making the Orders and plans showing the locations and the effects of the Orders may be inspected at the Council's Environment, Housing and Regeneration Offices at 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Monday to Friday.
5. If any person wishes to question the validity of these Orders or of any of their provisions on the grounds that they are not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of the said Act of 1984 or of any instrument made under the said Act of 1984 has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders were made, apply for the purpose to the High Court
Dated: 18 October 2018
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) BRIGHTON ROAD, SUTTON
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate installation of a new sewer connection it made an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Saturday 20 October 2018, with works expected to take 1 week to complete. However, the Order will remain in force for 3 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily:-
(i) ban the right turn from Brighton Road into Downs Road; and
(ii) ban the right turn from Station Approach into Brighton Road.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic will be via Brighton Road, Cotswold Road and Downs Road.
5. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Dated: 18 October 2018
Assistant Director of Environment, Housing & Regeneration (Safer & Stronger Communities).