London Borough of Sutton Public Notices LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) BENHILL AVENUENotice ID: SUT0839878
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) BENHILL AVENUE
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton with the agreement of Transport for London, hereby gives notice that to enable maintenance works and because works are being executed on or near the carriageway it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Thursday 8 November 2018 with works taking place between 8.00pm to 6.00am and are expected to take 3 nights to complete. However, the Order will remain in force for 3 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are being displayed the Order will temporarily in Benhill Avenue:-
? close the road between its junctions with Elm Grove and Throwley Way; and
? suspend the one-way working, making temporarily two way working between its junctions with High Street, Sutton and Throwley Way.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic will be for:-
? Elm Grove via Throwley Way, Manor Place and High Street Sutton; and
? All other traffic via Throwley Way, (A232) Carshalton Road, Chalk Pit Way, Sutton Court Road, Grove Road, Sutton Park Road, Cheam Road and St Nicholas Way.
5. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Dated: 11 October 2018
Warren Shadbolt, Assistant Director of Environment, Housing & Regeneration (Safer and Stronger Communities)