London Borough of Sutton Public NoticesNotice ID: SUT0719458
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
LONDON ROAD, HACKBRIDGE
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton with the agreement of Transport for London, London Borough of Croydon and the London Borough of Merton hereby gives notice, that in order to facilitate rail engineering works and resurfacing works and because works are being carried out in the carriageway it made an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Monday 23 July 2018 with works expected to take 5 nights to complete and will take place between 7.30pm and 6.30am. However, the Order will remain in force for 18 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. Whilst the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily close London Road, Hackbridge between its junction with Hackbridge Road and Wandle Road.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic will be via (A237) London Road, Hackbridge, Manor Road North, (A232) Croydon Road, Hilliers Lane, Beddington Lane, (A236) Croydon Road, (A237) Carshalton Road, (A237) London Road and vice versa.
5. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Dated: 19 July 2018
Assistant Director of Environment, Housing & Regeneration l^fty
(Safer & Stronger Communities).