ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS DARLEY DRIVE AND BUXTON DRIVE, NEW MALDENNotice ID: MF0263279
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS DARLEY DRIVE AND BUXTON DRIVE, NEW MALDEN
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for the above named roads, in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT,tofacilitate gas mains and services replacements on behalf of Southern Gas Networks, it intends to make an Order of the effect of which will be to:
(a) prohibit any vehicle or person from entering or remaining at rest in Darley Drive, at the junction with Clarence Avenue.
(b) prohibit any vehicle or person from entering or remaining at rest in Buxton Drive, at the junction with Traps Lane.
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1above:
a) shallonly apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of aconstable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
c) shallnot apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on 30 March 2018 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will be completed within four months.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. Localdiversion routes will be signed and there will only be one closure in place at any one time.
Dated 02 March 2018.
Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU.