London Borough of Merton Public NoticesNotice ID: SUT0431415
London Borough of Merton Public Notices
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) BEDDINGTON LANE, MITCH AM AND COOMBER WAY, CRO (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2018
1. The Council of the London Borough of Merton in conjunction with the Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby give notice that to facilitate road safety improvement works in Beddington Lane which include carriageway widening and the construction of a shared use path, they have made an Order the effect of which will be to temporarily restrict vehicular traffic in the said road and prohibit waiting in Coomber Way.
2. During the works no person will cause or permit any vehicle to:-
(a) enter into or proceed in Beddington Lane, from its junction with Croydon Road to the northwestern kerb-line of Brookmead Road; or
[b) wait, including for the purpose of loading or unloading, in:
(i) the length of Beddington Lane specified in sub-paragraph (a) above, and
(ii) Coomber Way, the north side, between Beddington Lane and Beddington Farm Road.
3. The restrictions will only apply during such times and to such extent as will from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
4. Access to the Beddington Lane Industrial Estate will be maintained at all times.
5. Nothing in the Order will apply to: -
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a police community support officer in uniform; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes, subject to site conditions at the time of any emergency.
6. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
7. The alternative routes for vehicles affected by the road closure will be via Coomber Way, Ampere Way, Purley Way (A23), the Lombard Roundabout, Mitcham Road (A236) and Croydon Road (A236) and vice versa.
8. The Order will come Into operation on Monday 8th January 2018 with the works expected to be carried out until Friday 31st March 2018. However, the Order will remain In operation until 31st July 2018 and Its provisions will be re-Introduced during that period should further works be required.
Dated 2 January, 2018._
Paul McGarry Merton Civic Centre
Head of futureMerton London Road,Morden
London Borough of Merton Telephone: 020 8274 4901 Surrey SM4 5DX