ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1) ROADS SURROUNDING STANLEY PARK HIGH SCHOOLNotice ID: SUT0281153
London Borough Of Sutton Public Notice
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)
ROADS SURROUNDING STANLEY PARK HIGH SCHOOL
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that in order to eliminate conflicting traffic and to regulate the flow of a large number of expected vehicles for the "Open Evening" at Stanley Park High School it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Thursday 21 September 2017 for one day.
3. When the Open Evening is taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily between the hours of 4.00pm and 9.00pm introduce:-
(a) one-way working in the following roads:
- Diamond Jubilee Way between its junctions with Gaynesford Road, Kings Avenue and Damson Way
(roundabout location) in a north to south direction and in that part of Diamond Jubilee Way which leads into Fountain Drive in a west to east direction;
- Fountain Drive between its junction with Diamond Jubilee Way and Damson Way to the roundabout location) in a west to east direct
- Damson Way from its junction with Fountain Drive (roundabout location) to its junction with Metcalfe Avenue in an east to west and southwesterly direction.
- Metcalfe Avenue from its junction with Damson Way to the entrance to "Queen Elizabeth's Mobility Centre" in a southwesterly direction.
- Note The emergency access gate between Damson Way and Metcalfe Avenue will be opened to facilitate the flow of traffic.
(b) ban the left turn from Forelle Way into Diamond Jubilee Way,
(c) ban the right turn from that part of Fountain Drive (property No's. 1 and 7) into the main thoroughfare of Fountain Drive.
(d) ban the right turn from
Monkey Puzzle Way into Damson Way,
(e) close that part of Damson Way which lies between the roundabout location with Diamond Jubilee Way and a point opposite the eastern Hank wall of No. 6 Damson Way (except for access for residents)
4. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Dated: Thursday 24th August 2017
Issued by Warren Shadbolt, Assistant Director, Environment, Housing & Regeneration, Safer and Stronger Communities - London Borough Sutton