ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT0232384
Transport for London ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A217 GLA ROAD (REIGATE AVENUE, LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2017
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable resurfacing works to take place on Reigate Avenue.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) entering, exiting or proceeding on Reigate Avenue north-eastbound between its junctions with Rose Hill Roundabout and Sutton Common Road;
(2) stopping on the north-western kerb-line of Reigate Avenue between its junctions with Rose Hill Roundabout and Sutton Common Road;
(3) entering, exiting or proceeding on Reigate Avenue south-westbound between its junctions with Sutton Common Road and Rose Hill Roundabout;
(4) stopping on the south-eastern kerb-line of Reigate Avenue between its junctions with Rose Hill Roundabout and Sutton Common Road.Works will be phased such that local access will be maintained. Not all restrictions will be in force at any one time The Order will be effective at certain times from the 15th July 2017 until the 12th August 2017 every night between 9:00 PM and 5:00 AM or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via Sutton Common Road, Epsom Road, Cenral Road, Green Lane or reverse to normal route of travel.
Dated this 13th day of July 2017 Mufti Durowoju, Network Impact Management Team Manager, Road Space Management - Operations, Transport for London - Operations, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8N