LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT2227992
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate residential construction works and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below
2. The Order will come into effect on Saturday 6 November 2021 with works expected to take 1 month to complete, however the Order will remain in force for 6 months should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily in Western Road at its junction with (A232) Cheam Road
- prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering and exiting; and
- introduce no waiting 'at any time' and loading restrictions -no loading 'at any time' (including suspension of parking bays)
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the prohibition is in place will be via (A232) Cheam Road, St James Road, Western Road and vice versa
5. Vehicles access to properties adjacent to the prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Group Manager - Highways and Transport.
Dated: 14 October 2021