LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTONNotice ID: SUT2221892
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton with the agreement of Transport for London hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate new sewer connection works and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below
2. The Order will come into effect on Monday 1 November 2021 with works expected to take 6 days to complete, however the Order will remain in force for 4 months should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will in Benhill Avenue, between its junctions with High Street, Sutton and Elm Grove temporarily :-
- prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting;
- introduce no waiting 'at any time' and loading restrictions - no loading 'at any time' for those areas of parking and loading bays and where any single yellow line restriction exists.
- suspend the one-way system making that section of road temporarily two-way
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the prohibition is in place will be either via:-
? Throwley Way, (A232) Carshalton Road, Chalk Pit Way, Sutton Court Road, Grove Road, Sutton Park Road, Cheam Road and St Nicholas Way
5. Vehicles access to properties adjacent to the prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Group Manager - Highways and Transport.
Dated: 7 October 2021