THE ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 THE A23 GLA ROAD (LONDON BOROUGHS OF CROYDON AND LAMBETH) (SPEED LIMITS) ORDER 2021Notice ID: SUT2212432
THE ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A23 GLA ROAD (LONDON BOROUGHS OF CROYDON AND LAMBETH) (SPEED LIMITS) ORDER 2021
1. Transport for London, hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above named Order under sections 83 and 84 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
2. The general nature and effect of the Order would be to impose a speed limit of 20 MPH on the A23 GLA Roads - London Road/ Streatham High Road between Thornton Road and Green Lane and all GLA Side Roads - Red Route returns of these roads in the London Boroughs of Croydon and Lambeth.
3. The roads which would be affected by the Order are GLA Main Roads and all GLA Side Roads - Red Route returns of these roads as listed in article 2 above.
4. The roads affected are currently subject to a permanent speed limit of 30 MPH.
5. A copy of the Order, a statement of Transport for London's reasons for the proposals, a map indicating the location and effect of the Order and copies of any Order revoked, suspended or varied by the Order can be inspected by visiting our website at
then select Traffic Order GLA/2021/0511. Copies of the documents may be requested via email email@example.com
, or by post at the following address quoting reference NP/REGULATION/STOT/ BS/TRO, GLA/2021/0511.
- Transport for London, Streets Traffic Order Team (NP/REGULATION/STOT), Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road London, SE1 8NJ
6. All objections and other representations to the proposed Order must be made in writing and must specify the grounds on which they are made. Objections and representations must be sent to Transport for London, Streets Traffic Order Team, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ or by emailing
quoting reference NP/ REGULATION/STOT/BS/TRO, GLA/2021/0511, to arrive before 22nd October 2021. Please note due to Covid-19 access to post is restricted and requests for documents and confirmation of your objections or representations may be delayed. Objections and other representations may be communicated to other persons who may be affected.
Dated this 30th day of September 2021
Jennifer Melbourne Performance & Planning Manager
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ