ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: MFN0623720
BRIGHTON & HOVE CITY COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE BRIGHTON & HOVE (SKYLINE LONDON TO BRIGHTON CYCLE RIDE) CTEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2021
On Sunday, 19 September 2021 the Skyline London to Brighton Cycle Ride is taking place and finishes in Madeira Drive, Brighton. To facilitate its safe passage parts of the route will need to be closed to traffic and therefore Brighton & Hove City Council have made an order under Section 16A to C of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended, which temporarily brings into force the following traffic regulations:
No person shall cause or permit any vehicle that is not participating in, or connected with the Skyline London to Brighton Cycle Ride to proceed in, exit from, or turn into any of the lengths of road specified below, except upon the direction or with the permission of a Police Constable in uniform or that of a uniformed marshal:
Sunday 19 September 2021 from 00.01 - 23.59 hours
Temporary Road Closures
1. Ditchling Road, Brighton - from its boundary with East Sussex County Council to Coldean Lane at Old Boat Corner
2. Coldean Lane, Brighton - from its junction with Ditchling Road (Old Boat Corner) to its junction with Forest Road.
3. Coldean Lane, Brighton - southbound carriageway only, from its junction with Forest Road to its junction with the northern kerb line of Park Road.
4. Kingswood Street, Brighton - at their junction with Grand Parade.
Temporary Reversal of Traffic Flow
5. Coldean Lane, Brighton - northbound carriageway only, from its junction with Forest Road to its junction with the northern kerb line of Park Road. Traffic flow will be reversed from northbound to southbound flow.
Prohibition of Left turn
6. From the A23 Old Steine, southbound carriageway into Marine Parade at the Aquarium Roundabout.
Prohibition of Right turn
7. From Ditchling Road to Coldean Lane
Dated: 17 September 2021.
Nick Hibberd, Executive Director, Economy Environment & Culture, Brighton & Hove City Council, 1st Floor, Hove Town Hall, Norton Road, Hove