ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT2147431
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A232 GLA ROAD (BARCLAY ROAD/FAIRFIELD ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF CROYDON)
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable highway improvement and resurfacing works to take place on the A232 Barclay Road/ Fairfield Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) entering, exiting or proceeding on the A232 Fairfield Road/ Barclay Road westbound between its junctions with Park Hill Road/ Chepstow Road and Chatsworth Road, local access will be maintained to Fairfield Path;
(2) entering or proceeding on the A232 westbound between the junctions with Glebe Way and Addington Road (in the London Borough of Bromley) and Park Hill Road, except for access.
Works will be phased such that some restrictions will apply only at certain times.
The Order will be effective at certain times between 10:00 PM on 23rd July 2021 and the 21 st January 2023 every night 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via A2022 Addington Road, Addington Village Road, Kent Gate Way, Gravel Hill, Coombe Lane, Coombe Road and Park Lane to normal route of travel. Or via Shirley Road, Lower Addiscombe Road, St. James's Road and Wellesley Road to normal route of travel.
Dated this 22nd day of July 2021
Co-ordination and Permitting Area Manager, Transport for London
Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ
MAYOR OF LONDON
TRANSPORT FOR LONDON