LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT2137847
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton propose to make the following Order under section 6 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended: The Sutton (Traffic Restriction) (Pedestrian and Cycle Zones) (No. *) Traffic Order 2021
2. The principal objective of the Order is to improve the safety of children going to and from school by reducing the volume of traffic using roads outside schools. The scheme promotes active and sustainable travel and produces a safer and calmer environment for the benefit of all residents and school visitors.
3. The general effect of the Order would be to introduce a new 'pedestrian and cycle zone' in the vicinity of each of the schools listed in column (1) of the Schedule to this Notice, comprising the streets or parts of streets listed in column (2) of that Schedule. The pedestrian and cycle zones would operate at the times listed in column (3) of the Schedule to this Notice.
4. All motor vehicles except permit holders would be prohibited from entering the pedestrian and cycle zones during their hours of operation. Permits allowing vehicles to enter a pedestrian and cycle zone would be available to residents and those caring for residents, of premises located within or only accessible from the pedestrian and cycle zones, by application to the Council. Households would be limited to having three such permits at any one time, excluding those for use by carers. Further exemptions would apply to vehicles of those dropping off or picking up students with special educational needs or who are disabled (the details of such vehicles being registered with the school) and to emergency service vehicles, school buses and certain other service and utility vehicles. Any vehicle that is already within the pedestrian and cycle zone prior to its commencement of operation would be permitted to leave.
5. A copy of the proposed Order, of the Council's Statement of Reasons for proposing to make the Order and plans showing the locations and the effects of the proposals may be inspected at the Council's Civic Offices, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1EA. Copies can also be obtained by calling 020 8770 5000.
6. If you would like to make comments on the proposals you can do so by filing in the relevant on-line consultation response form/s, links detailed below, which can be found on the Council's web pages and will be available from 8th July 2021.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PDF BELOW TO VIEW THE DETAILS