LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT2118417
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton propose to m ake the following Order under sections 35 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended -
2. The Sutton (Off-Street Parking Places) (No.*) (Amendment No.*) Order 202*;
3. The general effect of the Order would be to
- amend the pay and display charging hours so that they apply between 08:00hrs and 22:00hrs throughout the week at the following surface car parks
- Cheam Library Church Road Cheam
- High Street Carshalton
- Kingsway Road Cheam
- Melbourne Road Wallington
- Public Hall Woodcote Road Wallington
- Shotfield Wallington
- The Square Carshalton
- Wallington Library Shotfield Wallington
- formalise electric vehicle recharging point parking spaces within certain car parks which would be available for electric vehicles only "at any time", without pay and display charge, provided that the vehicle is connected to the recharging post at all times while it is left in the recharging point parking space
- removes Brighton Road multi storey car park, which no longer exists, from The Sutton (Off-Street Parking Places) (No. 1) (Consolidation No. 6) Order 2001 (The Order of 2001)
- make minor textural changes to The Order of 2001
4. Copies of the proposed Order, of the Council's Statement of Reasons for proposing to make the Order (and of the Order/s that would be amended by the proposed Order) may be inspected at the Council's Civic Offices, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA between 9am and 5pm on Monday to Friday. Copies can also be obtained by calling 020 8770 5000.
If you would like to make comments on the proposals you can do so by filling in an on-line consultation response form which can be found on our web pages
under "view our Permanent Traffic Order Consultations" selecting "Notices of Proposals" and then "OF1108".
Alternatively please send them to The Technical Operations Team, Highways and Transport, Kingston & Sutton Shared Environment Service, London Borough of Sutton, 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 2JG by 8 July 2021 please quote the following reference OF1108.
Dated: 17 June 2021 Mervyn Bartletl
Group Manager - Highways and Transport
Note: Persons responding to the proposed Order should be aware that the Council may be legally obliged to disclose the information provided to third parties.