ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: MFN0611385
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames hereby gives notice that to facilitate a erection of a tower crane and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Sunday 2 July 2021, with works expected to take 3 days to complete. However, the Order will remain in force for 2 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will in Station Road, Kingston:-
- prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting and
- introduce waiting restrictions - no waiting 'at any time' and loading restrictions - no loading 'at any time' (including suspension of parking bays).
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the closure is in place will be either via:-
- Coombe Road, Galsworthy Road, Kingston Road, and London Road; or
- Coombe Road and London Road.
5. Vehicles access to properties adjacent to the prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Group Manager - Highways & Transport.
Dated: 3 June 2021