London Borough of Sutton Public NoticesNotice ID: SUT2059362
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 TALBOT ROAD AREA PERMIT PARKING AREA (CA2)
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton made the following Orders on 12 April 2021 under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended -
(a) The Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 47) Order 2021; and
(b) The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 47) Order 2021.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be to introduce:-
(a) new Permit Parking Area, which would be made up of designated parking places indicated on-street by way of a traffic sign stating 'resident permit holders parking only past this point' in:-Talbot Road Area Permit Parking Area (CA2) - which would operate Monday to Friday between 9am and 11am and 4pm and 6pm and include the following streets and certain lengths of streets: Brookside, Carshalton Place, Cator Road, Seymour Road, Talbot Road and The Square. Please note that GLA Side Roads - Red Route, returns of these roads are not included. Vehicles in respect of which a valid resident permit has been granted would be able to park anywhere at the kerb-side of a street, or where indicated by a traffic sign, parallel to the kerb, within a Permit Parking Area parking place during the times of operation of the Permit Parking Area, with the exception of any area marked out as a disabled parking place or short-stay parking place or any length of waiting, loading or stopping restrictions during the hours of operation of those restrictions, or any location obstructing access to premises or the free movement of traffic.
(b) lengths of double yellow line 'at any time' waiting restrictions in the vicinity of the following locations:-
- Brookside across access roads adjacent to Nos. 15 and 20 leading to the rear of properties;
- Church Hill outside Madeley Cottage
- North Street on the bridge between the ponds
- Ruskln Road opposite Nos. 41 to 43, outside and opposite Nos. 59 to 61 and outside No. 82
- Talbot Road across the access adjacent to No. 6a and at its junction with Cator Road
(c) disabled person's parking place, in which vehicles displaying a disabled person's badge may park at any time, in Woodstock Road outside Wentworth Hall.
(d) introduce a limited time parking bay operating Monday to Saturday between 8am and 6.30pm maximum stay 30 minutes no return within 1 hour in Seymour Road.
3. To amend where necessary the map-based tiles to the schedule attached to The Sutton (Charged for Parking Places) Order 2017 and to The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) Order 2017 to match conditions as they exist on site.
4. Permit charges for the new residents permit holders parking places referred to in item 2(a), preceding would be as follows:-
(a) the charge for residents parking permits would depend on the permit group, set by the Council based on the C02 emissions of the vehicle for which the permit is issued (see Schedule 1 to this Notice) allocated to the vehicle for which the permit is issued, as set out in the following table -
Permit Group (see Schedule 1) _Standard Charge (per year)_
Additional residents permits may be issued at the standard charge shown above, plus a surcharge of £25 for a second permit and £50 for a third, in respect of a household. Where the C02 emissions of a vehicle are not known due to the vehicle's age or similar, permit group 3 charges would apply. Wholly electric vehicles (EV's) would be exempt from any charge. A maximum of 3 resident's permits would be issued in respect of any household at any one time.
(b) residents visitors vouchers would be available free of charge to residents up to a maximum of 50 hours per household in any one year. Additional hours thereafter may be purchased at a charge of £61 per 100 hours.
(c) carer permits for essential care visits would be available at the following charges: (A) £35 per year for an individual permit, which allows a carer to park in any permit holders parking place; or (B) £50 per year for each organisational permit, which allows an organisation to park in any permit holder's parking place for up to 3 hours maximum per day.
(d) child care permits which allow a person providing child care to park in any permit holders parking place specific to the relevant permit parking area for which it is issued would be available at a charge of £35 per year.
(e) There would be a £25 administrative charge for any alteration to a permit.
(f) For a full list of properties that would be eligible for permits, see Schedule 2 to this Notice.
5. Copies of the Orders, which will come into force on 1 April 2021 and of the Orders that will be revoked or amended by these Orders, the Council's Statement of Reasons for making the Orders may be inspected at the Council's Civic Offices, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1EA between 9am and 5pm on Monday to Friday.
6. If any person wishes to question the validity of these Orders or of any of their provisions on the grounds that they are not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of the said Act of 1984 or of any instrument made under the said Act of 1984 has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders were made, apply for the purpose to the High Court.
SCHEDULE 1 - Permit Groups [see item 4(a)]
Permit Groups for Petrol and Diesel Fuel Vehicles:
PLEASE DOWLOAD THE PDF BELOW TO VIEW THE DETAILS
Permit Groups for Alternative Fuel Vehicles:
PLEASE DOWLOAD THE PDF BELOW TO VIEW THE DETAILS
Note: These permit groups would be available for vehicle types L1 to L7 inclusive, (motorised vehicles less than 4 wheels Including motorcycles) and Ml only (vehicles used for the carriage of passengers and comprising not more than eight seats in addition to the driver's seat), as defined by the DVLA vehicle type approval. For the avoidance of doubt this would not include vehicles designated by the DVLA as 'special purpose vehicles'.
Additional Permit Group - Goods vehicles not exceeding 3.5 tonnes (m.g.w.):
Permit Group 5
Vehicle Type N1
CQ2 emissions (g/km) Any
Note: This permit group would be available for vehicle type N1 (motor vehicles having at least 4 wheels which are designed and constructed for the carriage of goods and have a maximum gross weight not exceeding 3.5 tonnes) as defined by the DVLA vehicle type approval. For the avoidance of doubt any vehicle of vehicle type N1, such as light goods vehicles, will be classified as permit group 5 regardless of taxation class.
Technical details of vehicles can be found on the vehicle's registration certificate (V5C) or new keeper details section (V5C/2). Further information regarding vehicle type can be found via:
SCHEDULE 2 - Permit Eligibility [see item 4(f)] Permit Parking Area (CA2): High Street (Carshalton) - Nos. 4-84 (evens), Ruskin Road Nos. 9, 41 and 43, Talbot Road Nos. 2-20 (evens) and Nos. 1-25 (odds). All properties in Brookside, Carshalton Place, Cator Road, Seymour Road and The Square.
Group Manager - Highways and Transport
Dated: 15 April 2021