LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 CHEAM CPZNotice ID: SUT2059498
London Borough of Sutton
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 CHEAM CPZ
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton made the following Orders on 12 April 2021 under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 19841, as amended:-
(a) The Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 51) Order 2021; and
(b) The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 51) Order 2021.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be to extend/introduce lengths of:-
(a) 'at any time' double yellow line and kerb markings no waiting and no loading / unloading restrictions in The Broadway between Nos. 42 to 54 and 28 to 40
(b) kerb markings 'at any time' no loading / unloading restrictions in Church Road and at its junctions with Cookes Lane and Maiden Road;
(c) double yellow line 'at any time' waiting restrictions for certain lengths in the vicinity of the following locations:-
- Church Farm Lane at its junction with Love Lane
- Cookes Lane on its west side and adjacent to No.12
- Glebe Road in the turning head and at its junction with Villiers Grove
- Kingsway Road outside Century House and Kingsway Car Park
- Manor Road, Cheam opposite Nos. 16 to 20, and adjacent to No. 64 Upper Mulgrave Road to No. 12
- Mickleham Gardens outside and opposite Bethell Court
- Park Lane in its turning head, outside Elizabeth House, The Lodge, Nos. 27, 29, 30, 31, adjacent to West Dene, Glencot and Cheam Park
- Park Road outside Rushmon Place, The Leeways, and the entrance to Farnham Court
- Roberts Close on its south west side
- Spring Close Lane outside Nos. 3 to 10,16 and Church Farm House
- Station Approach outside Cheam Station
- Tabour Gardens on its north-west and north-east corners
(d) waiting restrictions operating Monday to Friday between 11 am and 12pm in Stafford Close outside No. 9
(e) free unlimited parking bays in:-
- Cookes Lane adjacent to the Old Farm House
- Manor Road, Cheam opposite Nos. 20 to 22 and to the rear of Nos. 1 and 2 Gainsborough Terrace
- Park Road outside Nos. 24, 26, and 1 to 5 Rushmon Place,
- Stafford Close outside No. 13
(f) limited time parking bays operating Monday to Saturday between 8am and 6.30pm maximum stay 1 hour no return within 2 hours in
- Station Approach outside and opposite Cheam Railway Station
- Kingsway Road outside Century house and Kingsway car park
(g) loading bay operating Monday to Saturday between 8am and 6.30pm maximum stay 1 hour no return within 2 hours in Maiden Road opposite Mickleham Gardens.
3. To amend the map-based tiles to the schedule attached to The Sutton (Charged for Parking Places) Order 2017 and to The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) Order 2017 to match conditions as they exist on site.
4. Copies of the Orders, which will come into force on 21 June 2021 and of the Orders that will be revoked or amended by these Orders, the Council's Statement of Reasons for making the Orders may be inspected at the Council's Civic Offices, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1EA between 9am and 5pm on Monday to Friday.
5. If any person wishes to question the validity of these Orders or of any of their provisions on the grounds that they are not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of the said Act of 1984 or of any instrument made under the said Act of 1984 has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders were made, apply for the purpose to the High Court.
Group Manager - Highways and Transport
Dated: 15 April 2021