CONSULTATION NOTICENotice ID: COL2034499
Economic Growth & Housing Delivery
Strategic Director: Stewart Murray
Magistrates Building, 1 Farnan Avenue, Walthamstow, London, E17 4NX
Five former garage sites on the Outwood Common Estate, located adjacent to the Sunnymede Estate, Billericay East Ward, and residential development proposal.
Statutory Consultation - Secure Council Tenants Outwood Common Estate, Billericay - Section 105 of Housing Act 1985.
Waltham Forest Council Intends to consult all affected secure tenants on the proposal to build new homes on five former garage sites, situated on the Outwood Common Estate in Billericay. This is a "matter of housing management" that is likely to substantially to affect secure tenants at these properties for the purposes of Section 105 of the Housing Act 1985.
The London Borough of Waltham Forest owns the following five garage sites located on the Outwood Common Estate:
- Upper Salesbury Drive
- Lower Salesbury Drive
- The Greenway
- Rear of shops, off the Greenway
- Corner of Monoux Close (No existing garages)
In November 2011, Cabinet approval was given to implement the "Garage Development Strategy" which will deliver new homes on a large proportion of its garage sites within the borough or where considered appropriate, to carry out improvements to those garage sites which are to be retained. In total, 159 sites containing more than 2,000 garages were assessed. Of these, 56 sites were considered to have residential development potential with the capacity to develop up to 148, much needed, new homes.
In Appendix 6 of this Cabinet Report, four of the above-mentioned garage sites were listed in the 'Schedule of Sites for Disposal or Redevelopment', as they were assessed to have residential development potential. The site on the corner of Monoux Close is excluded from this schedule though, as it comprises unused land and has no existing garages.
The arrangements for this consultation are as follows:
- On or around Wednesday 31st March all secure tenants at Outwood Common Estate will be sent an 'Outwood Common Estate' Information Pack summarising the issues, the existing site and setting out the Councils' proposals for each of the five sites.
- The Information Pack will consist of a letter with a 'Website Link' to the Site Location Plan, Existing Use Site Plan and the Proposed Site Plan for each of the five sites. (Search on Link : Outwood Common Estate) https://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/content/s105-housing-act-decision-reports
- Secure tenants will be invited to make their views known, within 28 days, to the Council either by:
- Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or Writing to us at: Waltham Forest Housing Development and Regeneration, Magistrates Building, 1 Farnan Avenue, Walthamstow, E17 4NX
Before making a final decision on this matter the Council will consider any representations made in accordance with these arrangements.
This Notice is published in accordance with Section 105(5) of the Housing Act 1985. A copy of this Notice is online at http://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/dhwf-outwoodcommonestate and for inspection at Waltham Forest Housing Development and Regeneration, Cedar Wood House, 2d Fulbourne Road, Walthamstow E17 4GG, between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. A copy of this Notice will also be given to any member of the public who asks for one.
Responses must be received no later than Friday 30th April 2021.