ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)(a) THE A120 TRUNK ROAD (BRAINTREE TO MARKS TEY, ESSEX) [TEMPORARY RESTRICTION AND PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 202_Notice ID: MFN0585487
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)(a)
THE A120 TRUNK ROAD (BRAINTREE TO MARKS TEY, ESSEX) (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION AND PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 202_
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Highways England Company Limited(a) intends to make an Order on the A120 Trunk Road in the County of Essex to enable carriageway resurfacing, renewal of road markings and studs, routine maintenance and associated works to be carried out in safety. The works which would take place overnight (8pm-6am) are expected start on or after Monday 30 November 2020 and to last for approximately 9 weeks.
The effect of the Order on the A120 would be to -
1. impose, for 24 hours daily, in conjunction with lane closures, a speed restriction of -
- 50 miles per hour on the westbound carriageway between the B1256 Marks Farm Roundabout and B1018 Galley's Roundabout,
- 40 miles per hour on lengths of the eastbound and westbound carriageways between 570 metres west of Doghouse Road, Pattiswick and 200 metres west of Great Tey Road, Marks Tey, and
- 30 miles per hour on the eastbound and westbound carriageways between 200 metres west of Great Tey Road, Marks Tey and the A120/A12 Marks Tey Roundabout.
2. close, the -
2.1 westbound carriageway between Marks Farm Roundabout and Galley's Roundabout, and
2.2 eastbound and westbound carriageways between -
- Doghouse Road, Pattiswick and the B1024 Colchester Road, Coggeshall,
- Church Lane, Little Tey and Marks Tey Roundabout, and
- Ambridge Road, Coggeshall and Old Road, Surrex.
During the closures eastbound traffic would be diverted to exit the A120 at Panners Interchange then via the A131 and A130 to join the A12 northbound at J19 Boreham Interchange then re-join A120 at A12 J25 Marks Tey; vice versa for westbound traffic. An alternative local diversion would be in place for Coggeshall residents. All lay-bys adjacent to those lengths of A120 described at 2 above would remain closed for 24 hours daily for the duration of the works. During the closures access to some side roads would be restricted at times at their junctions with the A120. Access to property would be maintained for the duration of the works and vehicles requiring access would be escorted safely through the works. The temporary mandatory speed limits (which would not apply to emergency service or special forces vehicles), closures (which would not apply to emergency service, traffic officer or works vehicles) and diversion routes would be clearly indicated by traffic signs. The Order would come into force on 23 November 2020 and may continue in force until the works detailed above have been completed, or for a maximum duration of eighteen months, whichever is the earlier.
Mrs D Mainstone,
Highways England Company Limited (a) Registered in England and Wales under company no. 9346363. Registered Office; Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4LZ.
General Enquiries relating to this notice may be made in writing to Chris Young at Highways England Company Limited, Woodlands, Manton Lane, Bedford, MK41 7LW, by email to
or by telephoning 07591 947436.