London Borough of Sutton Public NoticesNotice ID: SUT1849558
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON SCHOOL STREETS SCHEME - PEDESTRIAN AND CYCLE ZONES IN:-CAMDEN ROAD, THORNCROFT ROAD AND WINCHCOMBE ROAD
THE SUTTON (PRESCRIBED ROUTES) (CAMDEN ROAD) (EXPERIMENTAL ORDER NO. 29)
ORDER 2020 - EXP 1096C THE SUTTON (PRESCRIBED ROUTES) (THORNCROFT ROAD) (EXPERIMENTAL ORDER NO. 30)
ORDER 2020 - EXP1096A THE SUTTON (PRESCRIBED ROUTES) (WINCHCOMBE ROAD) (EXPERIMENTAL ORDER NO. 31)
ORDER 2020- EXP 1096B ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton on 14 September 2020 made the above-mentioned Orders under sections 9 and 10(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders which will come into force on 28 September 2020 will be on an experimental basis to introduce new pedestrian and cycle zones in CAMDEN ROAD, THORNCROFT ROAD and WINCHCOMBE ROAD as described in more detail in the Schedule to this Notice.
All motor vehicles, except permit holders, will be prohibited from entering each pedestrian and cycle zone during the hours specified in relation to that zone in the Schedule.
Permits allowing vehicles to enter each pedestrian and cycle zone will be available to residents and employees of businesses and organisations at premises located within or accessible only from that pedestrian and cycle zone, and to disabled person's badge holders who have a bona fide reason to enter or leave a vehicle in that pedestrian and cycle zone, by application to the Council.
3. The Orders provides that in pursuance of section 10(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, the Group Manager for Highways and Transport of the Council of the London Borough of Sutton, or some other person authorised in that behalf by that officer may, if it appears to that officer or to that other person essential in the interests of the expeditious, convenient and safe movement of traffic, or of the provision of suitable and adequate parking facilities on the highway, or for preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which the road affected by these Orders runs, modify or suspend these Orders or any of its provisions save that no modification shall make an addition.
4. If the provisions of the Orders continue in operation for a period of not less than six months, the Council of the London Borough of Sutton will consider in due course whether the provisions of the Orders should be reproduced and continued in force indefinitely by means of Orders under section 6 of the said Act of 1984. Persons desiring to object to the making of such Orders for the purpose of such reproduction and continuation in force may, within the period of six months referred to above (ie 27 March 2021), or within six months of the date on which any modification to these Orders may come into force.
5. If you would like to make comments on the Experimental Orders you can do so by filling in the relevant on-line consultation response form/s which can be found on our web pages and will be available from 28 September 2020.
- Camden Road - EXP1096C - http://bit.ly/HarrisCarshalton-EXP1096C
- Thorncroft Road - EXP 1096A - http://bit.ly/RobinHood-EXP1096A
- Winchcombe Road - EXP 1096B - http://bit.ly/CarshaltonBoys-EXP1096B
Alternatively please send them to The Technical Operations Team, Highways and Transport, Kingston & Sutton Shared Environment Service, London Borough of Sutton, 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 2JG by 27 March 2021
quoting the relevant reference No.:
- Camden Road - EXP1096C
- Thorncroft Road - EXP 1096A
- Winchcombe Road - EXP 1096B
6. A copy of the Orders, of the Council's Statement of Reasons for making the Orders and a plan showing the locations and the effects of the Order may be inspected at the Council's Civic Offices, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1EA between 9 am and 5 pm on Monday to Friday. Copies can also be obtained by calling 020 8770 5000
These documents can also be found on www.sutton.gov.uk/trafficpublicnotices under "view our Experimental Traffic Order Consultations" selecting "Notice of Making Experimental Traffic Orders" and then EXP1096ABC.
7. If any person wishes to question the validity of the Orders or of any of their provisions on the grounds that they are not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of the said Act of 1984 or of any instrument made under the said Act of 1984 has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders are made, apply for the purpose to the High Court.
Group Manager Highways and Transport Dated: 17 September 2020
Note: Persons responding to the Experimental Orders should be aware that the Council may be legally obliged to disclose the information provided to third parties. -
Pedestrian and cycle zone
Streets or lengths of street to be included
Hours of operation
that length of Camden Road which lies between its junction with North Street and its junction with West Street.
Monday to Friday, between 8:00am and 9:15am and between 3.00pm and 4.00pm
that length of Thorncroft Road which lies between the south-eastern boundary of No. 28 Greenford Road and its
Monday to Friday, between 8:20am and 9:30am and between 2.15pm and 3.45pm
that length of Winchcombe Road which lies between its junction with Wigmore Road and its junction with Welhouse Road
Monday to Friday, between 8:10am and 9:00am and between 2.45pm and 3.25pm