LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT1799737
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate gas pipe replacement works and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it made an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Monday 3 August 2020, with works expected to take 12 weeks to complete. However the Order will remain in force for 10 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily:-
- prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from:-
entering Tweeddale Road at its junction with Wrythe Lane;
entering or exiting Westminster Road at its most north-western junction with Wrythe Lane;
- suspend the one-way working in Tweeddale Road between its junctions with Wrythe Lane and Titchfield Road to enable access to properties; and
- introduce waiting restrictions - no waiting 'at any time' and loading restrictions - no loading 'at any time' (including suspension of permit parking bays) on both sides of the road in:-
Tintern Road between its junctions with Wrythe Lane and Whitland Road; and
Wrythe Lane between its junction with Thornton Road and Whitby Road.
4. An alternative route for the above closures will be as follows for:-
- Tweeddale Road via Wrythe Lane, Thornton Road, Tewkesbury Road and Titchfield Road; and
- Westminster Road via Wrythe Lane, Whitby Road and vice versa.
5. Vehicular access to properties adjacent to the prohibited lengths of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Dated: 30 July 2020 Matthew Hill Assistant Director
Highways, Transport and Regulatory Services