ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) GANDER GREEN LANE, NORMAN ROAD AND PROW No. 13Notice ID: SUT1761955
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) GANDER GREEN LANE, NORMAN ROAD AND PROW No. 13
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that In order to facilitate gas diversion works and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway and public right of way (PROW) It Intends to make an Order the effect of which Is summarised In paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come Into effect on Monday 20 July 2020, with works expected to take 4 weeks to complete. However the Order will remain in force for 3 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily in:-
* Norman Road between its junction with Gander Green Lane and
No. 73 Norman Road prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting;
* Gander Green Lane outside and opposite Nos 105 to 135, introduce waiting restrictions - no waiting 'at any time' and loading restrictions -no loading 'at any time'; and
* PROW No. 13 that part running between Norman Road and St James Road no person shall proceed in any direction.
4. Alternative routes for the above closures will be as follows:-
* Norman Road via Gander Green Lane, Tate Road and vice versa; and
* PROW No. 13 via Norman Road, Western Road, St James Road and vice versa.
5. Vehicles access to properties adjacent to the prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Mervyn Bartlett Group Manager - Highways & Transport. Dated: 25 June 2020