THE A23 (PURLEY WAY, LONDON BOROUGH OF CROYDON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC, STOPPING AND 20 MPH SPEED LIMIT) ORDER 2020Notice ID: SUT1684154
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A23 (PURLEY WAY, LONDON BOROUGH OF CROYDON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC, STOPPING AND 20 MPH SPEED LIMIT) ORDER 2020
1. Transport for London having consulted the London borough of Croydon hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
1. The purpose of the Order is to allow gas works to take place at Purley Way.
2. The effects of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from
(1) entering or exiting Waddon Park Avenue, Alton Road and Waddon Road at its junction with Purley Way. Local access will be maintained;
(2) exiting Godson Road and Lodge Avenue at its junction with Purley Way;
(3) entering Limes Avenue at its junction with Purley Way;
(4) stopping on Purley Road between its junctions with Croydon Road and Waddon Road;
(5) exceeding a speed limit of 20 MPH on Purley Way between its junction with Waddon Park Avenue and outside No.317 Purley Way.
The Order will permit two-way operation on Limes Avenue, Lodge Avenue and Wandle Side.
The Order will be effective from 06:00 AM 5th April 2020 until 11:00 PM on 9th September 2020 or when the works has been completed. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
3. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
4. At such times as the prohibitions are in force alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs via (for the closure of Alton Road) Purley Way, Waddon Park Avenue and Alton Road to normal route of travel, (for the closure of Waddon Park Avenue) Purley Way, Alton Road and Waddon Park Avenue to normal route of travel, (for the closure of Godson Road) Purley Way, Waddon Road and Courtney Road to normal route of travel.(for the closure of Waddon Road) Purley Way, Mitcham Road, Reeves Corner, Cairo New Road, Rectory Road, Wadon New Road and Waddon Road to normal route of travel.
Dated this 2nd day of April 2020
Claire Wright, Co-ordination and Permitting Area Manager Transport for London