LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT1667249
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton made the following Order The Sutton (Prescribed Route) (One-Way) (Experimental Order No. 1) Order 2020 on 16 March 2020 under sections 9, 10, and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 19841, as amended.
2. The general effect of which will come into force on 26 March 2020 will be to on an experimental basis introduce one-way working for vehicular traffic in a south-west bound direction in Tharp Road, Wallington (except for pedal cycles).
3. The Order provides that in pursuance of section 10(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, the Group Manager for Highways and Transport of the Council of the London Borough of Sutton, or some other person authorised in that behalf by that officer may, if it appears to that officer or to that other person essential in the interests of the expeditious, convenient and safe movement of traffic, or of the provision of suitable and adequate parking facilities on the highway, or for preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which the road affected by this Order runs, modify or suspend this Order or any of its provisions save that no modification shall make an addition.
4. If the provisions of the Order continue in operation for a period of not less than six months, the Council of the London Borough of Sutton will consider in due course whether the provisions of the Order should be reproduced and continued in force indefinitely by means of an Order under section 6 of the said Act of 1984. Persons desiring to object to the making of such an Order for the purpose of such reproduction and continuation in force may, within the period of six months referred to above (ie by 25 September 2020), or within six months of the date on which any modification to this Order may come into force.
5. If you would like to make comments on the Experimental Orders you can do so by filling in an on-line consultation response form which can be found on our web pages
under "view our Experimental Traffic Order Consultations" selecting "Notice of Making Experimental Traffic Orders" and then "PR1068 EXP". Alternatively please send them to The Technical Operations Team, Highways and Transport, Kingston & Sutton Shared Environment Service, London Borough of Sutton, 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 2JG by 25 September 2020 please quote the following reference PR1068 EXP.
6. A copy of the Order, of the Council's Statement of Reasons for making the Order and a plan showing the locations and the effects of the Order may be inspected at the Council's Environment, Housing and Regeneration Offices at 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton between 9 am and 5 pm on Monday to Friday.
7. If any person wishes to question the validity of the Order or of any of their provisions on the grounds that they are not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of the said Act of 1984 or of any instrument made under the said Act of 1984 has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Order is made, apply for the purpose to the High Court.
Group Manager Highways and Transport Dated: 19 March 2020