Transport for London Public Notice Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984Notice ID: SUT1602358
Transport for London Public Notice
Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
The A23 Gla Road (Purley Way, London Borough Of Croydon) (Temporary Prohibition Of Traffic) Order 2020
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2.The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable resurfacing works to take place at Purley Way.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from entering or exiting on the A23 Purley Way between its junctions with Highfield Road and Russell Hill Road. Local access will be maintained
The Order will be effective between 17th January 2020 and 10th July 2020 every night from 9:00PM to 05:00 AM or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1)any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2)anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs. (For Purley Way via Brighton Road) Southbridge Road, Davenant Road, Duppas Hill Road, Strafford Road or reverse and return to normal route of travel. (For Highfield Road via Banstead Road) Foxley Lane and Plough Lane or reverse and return to normal route of travel. (For Edgehill Road via Pampisford Road) Reverse and return to normal route of travel.
Dated this 13th day of February 2020 Claire Wright
Co-ordination & Permitting Manager
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road,
London, SE1 8NJ