London Borough of Sutton Public NoticesNotice ID: SUT1548477
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) THE QUADRANT AND WELLESLEY ROAD
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that In order to facilitate carriageway repairs and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Sunday 2 February 2020, with works expected to take 1 day to complete. However the Order will remain in force for 3 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily:-
- prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting The Quadrant at its junction with Wellesley Road;
- suspend the one-way working in The Quadrant and Wellesley Road;
- temporarily introduce waiting restrictions - 'no waiting at any time' and loading restrictions - 'no loading at any time' (including suspension of parking bays) in:-
- Brighton Road on the east side between its junctions with Cedar
Road and Wellesley Road;
- The Quadrant; and
- Wellesley Road.
4. Vehicles access to properties adjacent to the prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
5. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as Indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Group Manager - Highways & Transport. Dated: 9 January 2020
Issued by Mervyn Bartlett - Group Manager, Highways and Transport - London Borough of Sutton