London Borough of Sutton Public NoticesNotice ID: SUT1530253
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton propose to make the following Order under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended -
The Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. *) Order 201*.
2. The general effect of the Order would be to revoke the provisions of the current Individual Carer Permit and introduce a new single Resident Care Permit operating in Controlled Parking Zones (CPZ) and Permit Parking Areas (PPA) across the borough.
The Resident Care Permit will provide those with a verified need for care undertaken in their home, to facilitate the parking needs of their care providers, when care is being delivered in areas where there are resident permit parking controls.
The Resident Care Permit applied for by the resident will be transferable across vehicles to meet multiple carer needs. Only one permit is available per person and can only be used in the CPZ or PPA of the applicant. It will allow a carer to park in any resident permit bay, shared use bay or within a PPA during their controlled hours and with no time limit. Note: The provisions for the current Organisation Carer Permit and Child Care Permit will remain.
3. A Resident Carer Permit costs are £40 per year which are renewed annually
4. There would be a £25 administrative charge for any alteration to a permit.
5. Copies of the proposed Order, of the Council's Statement of Reasons for proposing to make the Order may be inspected at the Council's Environment, Housing and Regeneration Offices at 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton between 9 am and 5 pm Monday to Friday.
6. If you would like to make comments on the proposal you can do so by filling in an on-line consultation response form which can be found on our web pages
under "Traffic Management Order" and Reference "SuttMap 1081".
Alternatively please send them to The Technical Operations Team, Highways and Transport, Kingston & Sutton Shared Environment Service, London Borough of Sutton, 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 2JG by 23 January 2020 please quote the following reference SuttMap 1081. Mervyn Bartlett
Group Manager - Highways and Transport Dated: 2 January 2020
Note: Persons responding to the proposed Order should be aware that the Council may be legally obliged to disclose the information provided to third parties.