ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) COLSTON AVENUE, SHORTS ROAD AND WESTMEAD ROADNotice ID: SUT1530183
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) COLSTON AVENUE, SHORTS ROAD AND WESTMEAD ROAD
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that in order to enable construction of new surface water pipes and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Monday 13 January 2020, with works expected to take 2 months to complete. However the Order will remain in force for 6 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily:-
- prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting Shorts Road between its junctions with Colston Avenue and Alma Road; and
- introduce waiting restrictions - no waiting 'at any time' and loading restrictions - no loading 'at any time' (including suspension of parking bays) in:-
- Colston Avenue between its junctions with Shorts Road and Westmead Road; and
- Westmead Road between its junctions with Colston Avenue and Rossdale
4. Alternative routes for vehicular traffic whilst the closure is in place will be:-
- southbound via Colston Avenue, West Street, (A232) Pound Street, Carshalton Road, Alma Road; and
- northbound via Shorts Road, (A232) Carshalton Road, Pound Street, West Street and Colston Avenue
5. Vehicles access to properties adjacent to the prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Group Manager - Highways & Transport. Dated: 26 December 2019