London Borough of Sutton Public NoticesNotice ID: SUT1472201
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON DISABLED PARKING PLACE AND WAITING RESTRICTION AMENDMENTS
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton made the following Orders on 18 November 2019 under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended -
(a) The Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 22) Order 2019; and
(b) The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 22) Order 2019.
2. The principal objectives of the Orders are; (a) to introduce disabled bays to provide a parking facility for disabled persons where a high level of parking makes reasonable means of access difficult, and revoke those parking bays that are no longer required; and (b) to ensure that the Orders match conditions as they exist out on site.
3. The general effect of the Orders will:-
(a) provide new disabled person's parking places, 6.6 metres in length, in which vehicles displaying a disabled person's badge may park at any time, at the following locations:-
(i) outside No 27 Byron Avenue, Sutton;
(ii) outside Nos. 43 to 45 Lymescote Gardens, Sutton;
(iii) outside No 36 Mellows Road Wallington; and
(iv) outside Nos 81 to 83, Shaftesbury Road, Carshalton (fully on the footway);
(b) provide new disabled person's parking place positioned in an echelon style 4.2 metres in length, in which vehicles displaying a disabled person's badge may park at any time, adjacent to No. 50 Southwood Close, Worcester Park;
(c) redefine an existing disabled persons parking place in Link Road, Hackbridge adjacent to No 47 Hackbridge Road to abut existing double yellow line;
(d) revoke existing disabled person's parking places at the following locations:-
(i) outside Nos 13 to 18 Beechwoood Court, West Street Lane,
(ii) outside Nos 37 to 43 Grove Lane, Sutton;
(iii) outside No 140 Longfellow Road, Worcester Park; (reverts back to an uncontrolled footway parking bay);
(iv) outside No. 21 Priory Road, Cheam; and
(v) outside Newquay, Sunningdale Road, Sutton; and
(e) amend the map-based tiles to the schedule attached to The Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) Order 2017 and to The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) Order 2017 so as to match conditions as they exist on site.
Note: there mil be no change to the restrictions as currently marked and signed on-street as a result of this amendment
4. Copies of the Orders, which will come into force on 25 November 2019 and of the Orders that will be revoked or amended by these Orders, the Council's Statement of Reasons for making the Orders and plans showing the locations and the effects of the Orders may be inspected at the Council's Environment, Housing and Regeneration Offices at 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton between 9am and 5pm on Monday to Friday.
5. If any person wishes to question the validity of these Orders or of any of their provisions on the grounds that they are not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of the said Act of 1984 or of any instrument made under the said Act of 1984 has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders were made, apply for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated: 21 November 2019
Group Manager - Highways & Transport